CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
2 T. butter
½ c. minced Vidalia onions
½ c. diced green bell pepper
1 T. minced garlic
1 lb. fresh crawfish tails with fat
Salt, red/black pepper
½ c. chopped Vidalia onion
1 bunch green onions, chopped
¼ c. chopped celery
¼ c. chopped green bell pepper
¼ c. fresh lemon juice
1 T. minced garlic
¾ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
2-3 T. prepared horseradish
3 T. Creole mustard
2 T. chili sauce
Salt, red/black pepper to taste
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES:
12 slices green tomato (about ¼” thick
Tabasco to taste
1 c. flour (seasoned with salt, red/black pepper)
2 eggs, beaten with 1 T. buttermilk until no strands of egg white remain
2 c. panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, to fry
1. CRAWFISH: Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and pepper and cook, stirring often until softened, 7-10 minutes. Do not brown.
2. Add garlic, tails, Creole seasoning and simmer, adjust heat and cook 5 minutes.
3. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Fold in REMOULADE SAUCE and divide mixture among FRIED GREEN TOMATOES slices. Garnish with chopped green onion.
5. REMOULADE SAUCE: Place Vidalia onions, green onions, celery, bell pepper, lemon juice and garlic in food processor. Pulse a few times to chop finely (do not grind). Transfer to glass bowl.
6. Mix mayo, horseradish, mustard and chili sauce. Fold in chopped veggies.
7. Season to taste. Set aside for 1 hour to have flavors mesh. Taste again for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
8. FRIED GREEN TOMATOES: Sprinkle tomato slices on both sides with Tabasco. Set aside for 10 minutes.
9. Place the seasoned flour, egg mixture and panko in 3 separate shallow dishes.
10. Dredge the slices into the seasoned flour, then egg wash and then panko, shaking off excess between drippings.
11. Place in single layer on wire racks over baking dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set coating.
12. Pour oil to ½” deep in large frying pan over medium heat (Heat Oil to 360).
13. Fry the slices in batches, turning once if necessary, until golden brown, drain on wire racks, set over paper towels. Serve hot.