Carrabba's Lobster Mac & Cheese Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Lobster and Stock: 2…
|LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE
- 4 T. butter, plus 1 T. for greasing dish
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. penne pasta or your favorite short pasta
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- Black pepper/red pepper
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 5 T. flour
- ¼ c. white wine
- 4 c. heavy cream
- 1 t. sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c. shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 c. shredded gruyere
- 2 (8-oz.) raw lobster tails, meat removed, chopped
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven 350 and adjust racks to the middle.
- Grease 13x9” baking dish with butter.
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta. Drain and reserve pasta water.
- To a large pot, add butter. Add shallots and garlic and saute until clear.
- Add wine and reduce by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add cream, whisking well to remove lumps.
- Add paprika, red/black pepper and bay leaf. Bring cream to a simmer and turn heat to low.
- Reduce until cream is thick and coat a spoon, about 5-8 minutes. When thickened, remove bay leaf.
- Stir in grated cheeses, handful at a time. Combining well.
- Add chopped lobster and stir well.
- Add pasta and stir well. If mixture is too thick, thin with some of the reserved pasta water. You want it sort of loose but not watery or mushy. Add just enough that it makes mixture easy to mix.
- Add to greased baking dish and sprinkle with panko and bread crumbs.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
*****This will serve 8-10. You can sub shrimp or crawfish for lobster.