SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
LEMONY PAN-SAUTED SALMON WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA
12-16 oz. whole wheat pasta
1 T. minced garlic
Salt, black pepper
4 (4-oz.) pieces of salmon
½ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
¼ c. capers
Zest of 1 lemon
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 c. fresh baby spinach or arugla
- Bring large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm. Stir occasionally. Drain pasta, saving some of the pasta water. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Add garlic, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Season salmon and cook to medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish. Remove salmon from pan.
- Add basil, capers, lemon zest and juice to spaghetti mixture. Toss to combine. If mixture is too dry, add some of the hot pasta water. Stir and season to taste.
- Place 4 serving dishes or bowls out. Place ½ c. of the spinach in the dish; top with ¼ of the pasta; top each mound with a piece of salmon. Squeeze more lemon juice if desired.
- Serve immediately.