Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
-2 lbs. medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning
4 c. shredded iceberg or Romaine lettuce or spinach/kale/arugla
4 c. cornbread, crumbled
2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
2 avocados, chopped
1 (15 ¼-oz.) can Mexicorn, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. chopped red onion
2-4 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped (amount depends on how hot you want it)
Cilantro or Parsley, garnish
1. In bowl, add shrimp seasoned with salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
2. In a medium skillet, cook shrimp until pink and firm. Set aside. Taste for seasoning.
3. In large trifle bowl, layer the following: lettuce, cornbread, ½ of Lime Dressing, tomatoes, avocado, corn, beans, onion, jalapenos and shrimp.
4. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
1 (1-oz.) pkg. ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
1 c. Miracle whip or mayo
1 c. whole buttermilk
½ c. chopped cilantro or parsley
3 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. lime zest
1 T. minced garlic
Kosher salt/black pepper, to taste
1. In bowl, whisk together dressing mix, mayo and milk until smooth.
2. Add cilantro, lime juice and zest and garlic. Whisk to combine.
3. Taste for seasoning.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.