PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
LAYERED SHRIMP AND TOMATO CASSEROLE
2-3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thickly, season with salt and pepper
8 mini peppers, sliced into rings
2-3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
3 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed
1 large onion, chopped
1 (8-oz.) fresh pico de gallo
1 lb. medium shrimp, seasoned
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Lemon infused olive oil
Salt, black pepper
Chopped green onions
- Spray an 11×15” baking dish with PAM.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes in bottom of dish.
- Drizzle with lemon infused olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil to cover bottom over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, peppers and jalapenos until tender.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink.
- Add the corn, pico and cherry tomatoes.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Pour the shrimp mixture over the layered tomatoes.
- Drizzle with lemon infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar (the amount depends on how much you like it).
- Place in 325 oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. If dish is cold, cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
*When the fresh Creole tomatoes come in, this is a great dish. The shrimp mixture is great stuffed in the tomatoes or peppers. The leftover shrimp mixture can also be added to pasta or flavored rice, which can also be used to stuff tomatoes or peppers if not eaten as a side dish. So many things you can do with this. Add other veggies like asparagus, snow peas, etc.