2 T. olive oil, divided
2 lbs. ground chicken breasts
Salt, black pepper
2 T. minced garlic
1 large onion, finely chopped
1-2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
2 T. hot chili powder
2 t. ground cumin
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
1 (14-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
3 T. tomato paste
1 (of each color bell pepper), seeded and cut into strips (red, orange, yellow, green)
1 (15-oz.) can red beans, drained and rinsed
Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
1. Heat the 1 T. olive oil in a Dutch oven pot.
2. Add chicken and cook, stirring to break up meat until it is crumbly and no longer pink.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plate with paper towel to drain and set aside.
5. Drizzle the other 1 T. olive oil into pot.
6. Add garlic, onion, jalapenos, chili powder and cumin.
7. Cook until onion and jalapenos are tender.
8. Stir in broth, tomatoes, paste and bell peppers and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Add beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 10-12 minutes.
10. Return chicken and any juices to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
11. Taste for seasoning.
*****Serve and add desired toppings.