ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
1 lb. dry campanelle pasta
1 lb. thick-sliced bacon, diced
½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
3 T. minced shallots
3 T. minced fresh basil
3 T. cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
Salt, black pepper
4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
4 c. halved cherry tomatoes
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain. Place in bowl of ice water and drain again.
2. In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
3. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate and drain. Save 3 T. of drippings, set aside and cool.
4. Whisk together mayo, cooled reserved drippings, shallots, basil, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. Toss to coat.
7. Season again to taste if necessary.