EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
|Fig Cake|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. mashed fig preserves
- ½ t. allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 ½ c. sifted flour
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. cinnamon
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 t. baking soda
- Mix sugar and eggs in large bowl.
- Add oil and blend well.
- Combine the figs and buttermilk and add to the sugar mixture.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in pecans.
- In a greased bundt pan or large or small loaf pans, pour batter into the pans of your choice.
- Bake 325 for 1 hour or until done (also depends on size pan you use.)
- If using bundt pan, cool enough and invert onto platter.
- Serve warm with whipping cream.
*****If you make your own fig preserves, great for you. If not, the store bought kind, works well. Country Meat Block, has a lady, who sells homemade fig preserves there. When my dad was alive, I would buy 2 cases from her for him. He simply adored fig preserves. I like to make these in small loaf pans. Great to pull out when you have unexpected guests, for weekends or holidays, and serve for breakfast or in afternoon with a nice cup of coffee or hot tea.
This Post Has 0 Comments