TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
IRRESISTIBLE CRÈME BRULEE TARTS
GRAMMIE’S CRÈME BRULEE
8 egg yolks
1/3 c. white sugar
2 c. heavy cream
1 t. pure vanilla extract
Extra white sugar (for the caramelized tops)
6-8 (4”) pie tart shells
- Preheat oven 300.
- In large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add the sugar. Continue to whisk until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick.
- Add the cream and vanilla and continue to whisk until blended.
- Strain into another bowl, skimming off any foam or bubbles.
- Prick bottom of tarts with fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and top with pieces of parchment paper, letting excess extend over edges of pans. Add pie weights.
- Bake in 325 degree oven until edges look dry, about 12-15 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and weights. Bake until crust is browned, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Divide the mixture among the pie tarts.
- Place the tarts back on baking pan.
- Bake until set around edges but still loose in center but firm. This takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place tarts on wire rack and cool completely.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. You can cover with saran wrap.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about 2 t. of white sugar over each custard cup.
- Use a small, hand-held torch to melt sugar. If you do not have torch, place under broiler until sugar melts. Watch carefully. If you like you can rechill the custard cups for a few minutes before serving.