HONEY-CANE VINEGAR GLAZED CHICKEN4 skin-on-bone-in chicken thighs4 skin-on drumsticksSalt, black pepper¼ c. cane vinegar¼ c.…
INCREDIBLE CRISPY CHICKEN CAPRESE IN A SKILLET
4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
1 medium sweet onion, vertically sliced
1 T. minced garlic
1 (23.5-oz.) good quality marinara sauce
8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
¼ c. chopped fresh basil
8 oz. uncooked pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Wrap 19” cast-iron skillet with foil, covering entire base of skillet and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on work surface.
- Run a sharp knife along the bones and pull meat away from bones. Discard bones. Leave skin intact.
- Season all sides of chicken.
- In a 12” nonstick skillet, put oil to cover the bottom and place over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken, skin side down in skillet. Place the foil covered iron skillet, bottom side down, on chicken.
- Cook until skin side is golden brown and crispy, 8-10 minutes (check after 8 minutes).
- Turn breasts and place iron skillet, bottom side down on chicken, again.
- Cook until done, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet and keep chicken warm.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onions are soft.
- Add marinara sauce, cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Carefully nestle chicken, skin side up, in sauce in single layer. (Make sure skin stays out of sauce to stay crispy.)
- Arrange mozzarella slices over sauce (may slightly overlap chicken).
- Cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve chicken, cheese and sauce over pasta.