1/3 c. flour
1 t. black pepper
1 t. sea salt
2 T. water
2/3 c. panko bread crumbs
1 (11-oz.) log soft goat cheese, room temperature
2 c. canola oil
1 T. good quality honey
Chopped fresh chives, garnish
Dried crushed red pepper, garnish
1. Combine flour and pepper in bowl.
2. Whisk together egg, ½ t. salt and 2 T. water in another bowl.
3. Combine panko and remaining salt in another bowl.
4. Roll goat cheese into 24 (1”) balls.
5. Roll each ball in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and dredge in panko mixture.
6. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
7. Heat oil 350 in deep pan.
8. Fry balls in batches, 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy on all sides.
9. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
10. Arrange poppers on platter, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chives and crushed red pepper flakes.