SURPRISINGLY REFRESHING FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE1 c. milk½ c. heavy cream½ c. natural unsweetened cocoa powder½…
HOLIDAY CRESCENT ROLL CHRISTMAS TREE
2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
1 t. dried Italian seasoning
½ c. sour cream with added chopped chives (makes the dip part)
12-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium yellow bell pepper
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven 375.
- Unroll rolls and separate dough into 4 long rectangles, firmly press perforations together.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with 1 T. cheese and ¼ t. of Italian seasoning.
- Starting with short side, roll up each rectangle, forming 4 rolls (like a jelly roll).
- With a knife, cut each roll into 8 slices. They now look like pinwheels. This is enough to make two trees.
- TO FORM THE TREE: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 slice, cut side down, for the tree top.
- Arrange 2 slices below, sides touching.
- Continue arranging, rows of 3, 4, and 5 slices.
- Use the remaining slice for trunk of tree.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Place tree on serving platter.
- If you do not have a decorator bag and tip, spoon dip into a zip lock bag. Cut ¼” hole in bottom corner of bag and pip over the tree like garland. Place a dollop of the dip on each pinwheel except the trunk.
- Place tomato slice on each pinwheel except top and bottom ones.
- With a 1 ¼ or 1 1/2 “ star shaped cutter, cut 2 stars form yellow bell pepper and place on top of each tree.
- Chop remaining bell pepper and sprinkle over trees.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
*You can add green, red, yellow bell peppers to change up colors.