REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Ground Chicken and Shrimp with Spanish Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
GROUND CHICKEN AND SHRIMP WITH SPANISH RICE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
1 lb. ground chicken
1 lb. medium peeled shrimp
1 (11-oz.) can Mexican corn, drained
1 (8-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
1 (5.6-oz.) pkg. Knorr Fiesta Sides-Spanish Rice (cook according to pkg. instructions)
4 whole bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 medium onion, diced
Salt, red, black pepper, garlic powder
1 bunch chopped green onions
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. When it boils, drop in the bell pepper halves and cook for 2-3 minutes. Just enough to softened them but not mushy, still want them firm.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the Spanish Rice following the directions on package and set aside when done.
- In large skillet, drizzle olive oil to cover bottom. Heat over medium heat.
- Add the ground chicken and diced onion and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Season shrimp and add to the chicken mixture. Cook until pink.
- Add the corn, pico and rice. Mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Fill the bell pepper halves with the mixture. If you have extra filling, I like to line the dish that I will place the stuffed peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers on top of the extra mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- When ready to serve, place in 350 oven until heated through, about 15-20 minutes, depending on how long they set out before cooking. Sometimes, I prepare ahead of time and refrigerate and then bake.