|Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Large Portabella Mushroom Caps (the number you get depends on how many you are serving and how you are serving it-as an appetizer, entrée, or side dish.)
- This recipe has 12 of the caps.
- 1 bottle of Wishbone Greek Dressing Vinaigrette or your favorite dressing
- Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- 2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- PAM/olive oil
- Clean caps and place in large Ziploc bag and pour dressing in bag with a little of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnite.
- Take large skillet or grill pan, place over low-medium heat. Spray pan with PAM and put a little olive oil in bottom of pan.
- Saute the onions until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Place mushrooms in pan, bottom side up. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes. Return onions and heat through.
*****You can eat them just like this or use them as substitute for burgers (vegans like this). You can add a little parmesan cheese, pico de gallo, etc. You can pretty much stuff them with anything you like. I also put crawfish etouffee in them topped with parmesan cheese and use as a side dish with grilled fish or chicken. You can also cut them into slices and serve with grilled tomatoes, eggplant and boiled potatoes. Endless use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!