WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Grilled Squash Fans
|Grilled Squash Fans|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6 yellow crook-neck squash
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes
- ½ c. chopped fresh basil or ¼ c. basil in tube
- ¼ c. oregano in tube
- ½ container pico de gallo
- Fresh chives, snip with scissors over finished product for garnish
- Salt, black pepper
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Extra Italian dressing
- Cut each squash lengthwise into ¼” slices, cutting to within 1” of the stem end. Do not cut all the way through the stem. Spread out the slices. It should look like a fan.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- Combine the basil, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, pico de gallo and garlic in large bowl. Stir until blended.
- Add squash and tomato, tossing gently to coat. Let stand 1 hour or more. If you do not have enough marinade to cover the squash, just add some bottled Italian dressing.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Insert tomato slices between squash slices, and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- Grill covered with grill lid with temperature of 350-400. About 6-8 minutes on each side until crispy-tender. Baste with the marinade often.
*****You can heat marinade and serve on the side. If you want to do this in oven, you can place on baking sheet or baking dish and cover with foil. Same temperature. Cook about 5 minutes, remove foil, baste and flip and baste and cook until tender.
This Post Has 0 Comments