CRAWFISH HOLLANDAISE OVER FRESH ASPARAGUS2-3 lbs. pencil-thin fresh asparagus, trimmedextra virgin olive oilSalt, black pepper4…
GREAT ITALIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES
2/3 c. sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 t. vanilla
¾ t. almond extract
2 ½ c. flour, plus extra for dusting
2 t. baking powder
¾ t. salt
2 c. powdered sugar
3 T. milk
½ t. vanilla
Red and green sprinkles, for decorating
- COOKIES: In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat sugar, butter, vanilla and almond extract on medium until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat until combined (batter will look separated).
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Shape dough into about 36 (1”) balls. Lightly dusting hands with flour as needed.
- Place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1” apart.
- Bake until set and very lightly browned on bottom, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- GLAZE: In medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Dip top of each cookie in glaze, allowing excess to drip off and then sprinkle with red/green sprinkles.
- Let cookies stand until glaze hardens, about 30 minutes.