Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
3 sticks butter, room temperature
3 c. sugar
5 large eggs
8 ripe bananas, mashed
1 T. vanilla extract
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. salt
1 c. buttermilk, well shaken
3 c. chopped roasted pecans
1 ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
1 c. shredded coconut, optional
- Preheat oven 350. Spray 4-6 (9×5”) loaf pans with PAM. The number pans you get depend size of pan and how much you fill it.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat until blended.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- Add the flour and buttermilk to the banana mixture, working in stages and beginning and ending with the flour. You can use the beater or fold by hand. Sometimes if you beat too much the bread can be too dense.
- Fold in the pecans. If you want to add the chocolate chips or coconut or all you do it at this time.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Do not over bake. Insert a wooden skewer in the center, if it come out dry, remove from oven.
- Cool slightly in pan before turning out onto serving platter. You can leave in loaf pan and cover with foil.
*You can freeze the loaves after covering with foil. You can vary the nut selection also. You can also bake in the tiny loaf pans or even in a bundt pan.