CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE-OLE!
1 ½ c. lightly packed white marshmallows
2/3 c. half and half
Zest of 1 lime
¼ c. lime juice
¼ c. Silver Tequila
20 thin chocolate wafer cookies
2 T. melted butter
1 c. whipping cream
1 ½ T. sugar
- Place a 4 qt. pan over medium heat, stir in marshmallows with half and half until melted.
- Nest the pan in ice water, stir often until cool.
- Add lime zest, juice and tequila. Stir occasionally until cold.
- In food processor, place cookies and process until finely ground.
- Add butter and whirl until mixed.
- Press cookie mixture evenly over bottom and half way up sides of 9” cake pan with removable rim (like a cheesecake pan).
- In bowl with mixer at high speed, whip cream with sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Fold in marshmallow mixture, blending well.
- Pour filling into crust and spread evenly.
- Freeze until firm to touch in center.
- Wrap airtight and freeze until solid.
- Unwrap pie, run a thin knife between crust and pan rim and remove rim.
- Set dessert on flat plate. Let stand at room temp for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into wedges.