2 oz. mixed pineapple and cranberry juice, chilled2 oz. Sprite, chilled1 ¼ oz. shot Malibu…
Pizza dough (home-made or store bought)
Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
6 oz. fresh whole milk mozzarella, thinly sliced and cut into 2” pieces
2-3 ripe plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut lengthwise into thin slices
10-12 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
Red pepper flakes, optional
1. Place oven rack in bottom third of oven. If you have a pizza stone place it on the rack in the 550 oven and allow 30 minutes to heat. Sprinkle the pizza peel (this is the gadget that you make your pizza on) with some cornmeal. If you do not have a pizza stone, just use your pizza pan and lower your oven temp to around 400-425.
2. Take the pizza dough and transfer to the pizza peel. Brush with olive oil.
3. Arrange the mozzarella and tomatoes evenly over the dough, leaving a 1” border around the perimeter.
4. Slide the pizza peel onto the pizza stone. Close door immediately and bake until crust and underside is browned. You can lift the pizza peel to check the underside. This usually takes 8-10 minutes.
5. Using the peel remove the pizza from oven and transfer to carving board.
6. Sprinkle with basil and let set for 2-3 minutes.
7. Season with black pepper and pepper flakes.
8. With pizza wheel cut into wedges.