REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
French Onion Soup via Instant Pot
FRENCH ONION SOUP VIA INSTANT POT
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
3 lbs. yellow onions, thinly sliced
3 T. minced garlic
1 T. sugar
6 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
3 T. flour
½ c. dry white wine
6 c. beef stock
2 T. Worcestershire
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper, or to taste
1 bay leaf
6 slices French bread, lightly toasted
1 T. Dijon mustard
8 oz. shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Add butter and oil to liner of 6-8 quart INSTANT POT and set to SAUTE.
- Once butter is melted, add onions, garlic and sugar. Stir well to coat onions.
- Cover the INSTANT POT with lid and lock into place. Seal the steam release handle.
- Select HIGH PRESSURE and set timer for 5 minutes. When timer is up, manually release the pressure (unseal the steam release handle.). Unlock and remove lid, being careful of any remaining steam.
- Add the thyme sprigs. Set to SAUTE and cook 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion broth is light golden in color. You do not want onions to get too mushy.
- Combine flour and wine in small bowl.
- Add wine mixture and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Cover INSTANT POT with lid and lock into place.
- Seal the steam release handle. Select HIGH PRESSURE and set timer for 5 minutes.
- When timer is up, manually release the pressure (unseal the steam release handle.)
- Unlock and remove lid, being careful of any remaining steam. Remove bay leaf and thyme springs.
- Preheat a broiler to high heat. Spread mustard over top of each bread slice.
- Spoon soup into 6 individual ovenproof ramekins.
- Top each wit 1 bread slice and sprinkle the cheese evenly over top.
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with thyme leaves and more black pepper, if desired.