Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
½ c. water
¼ c. chopped shallots
1 lb. medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1 ½” pieces
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. pine nuts, toasted
Black pepper, salt
Shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine water, shallots and carrots in skillet over medium heat. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until carrots are tender.
- Increase heat to medium and cook uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Drizzle olive oil and cook until carrots are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice, pine nuts.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle the shaved parmesan cheese over the top and serve extra on the side.