EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Fabulous Pork Marsala with Mushrooms
FABULOUS PORK MARSALA WITH MUSHROOMS
6 boneless pork chops (5-6 oz.) each
Kosher salt/black pepper
½ c. flour
4 T. butter
1 lb. mushrooms, quartered (your favorite)
1 c. Marsala wine
1 c. beef broth, more if needed
2 t. cornstarch
½ c. heavy cream
Buttered egg noodles
Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish, optional
- Place chops between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with mallet until ¼” thick.
- Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in shallow dish and dredge pork in it, shake off excess.
- In large skillet, drizzle with olive oil and add 2 T. butter and place over medium heat.
- Add half of pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and stir around. Cook until golden, 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in Marsala and broth and stir to deglaze pan, scraping up brown bits.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-6 minutes. If liquid reduces to fast, just add a splash or more of broth.
- Whisk cornstarch into heavy cream in bowl.
- When Marsala sauce is dark and rich, pour the cream mixture in and let bubble and thicken for another minute.
- Turn heat off and stir in 2T. butter.
- Serve the pork with hot buttered noodles and spoon some of the mushroom sauce on top. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.