CRAWFISH HOLLANDAISE OVER FRESH ASPARAGUS2-3 lbs. pencil-thin fresh asparagus, trimmedextra virgin olive oilSalt, black pepper4…
FABULOUS CHEESY ASPARAGUS TART
4 T. butter
2 large leeks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
Kosher salt/black pepper to taste
1 (14-oz.0 pkg. refrigerated pie dough (2 crusts)
2 c. grated fontina cheese, or favorite cheese
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 T. fresh thyme, chopped
1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Add leeks, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stir occasionally, until soft and golden around edges, 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 450.
- Unroll both pie crusts onto sheet pan.
- Cut dough where it overlaps and press the pieces together to make 10×16” rectangle, using scraps you cut to fill any spaces.
- Keep dough as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle the cheese in single layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with leeks.
- Dollop with ricotta all over the tart and then smooth out with spatula.
- Scatter the thyme and asparagus pieces over ricotta layer.
- Fold in the edges of dough to make ½” border all around the tart.
- Whisk egg and add 1 T. water in small bowl and brush it all around the crust edge.
- Bake tart, until it becomes a deep golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Careful not to burn. If crust burning too fast, reduce oven to 425.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve.