DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
8 oz. spicy or sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing
4 (7”) pita bread rounds, tortillas or flatbreads
1 c. favorite pizza sauce
1 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
½ c. thinly sliced red onion
4 eggs, room temp
4 c. fresh baby spinach or arugula, rough chop
1 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt, black pepper
2-3 T. shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM. Set aside.
- In large skillet, cook sausage until browned. Drain off fat.
- Place bread rounds directly on oven rack. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Arrange bread rounds on baking sheet. Increase oven temp to 450.
- Spread pizza sauce over pitas.
- Sprinkle with cooked sausage, cheese and onion.
- Break egg in small dish.
- Make a small indentation in center of one of the pizzas and pour egg into the indentation.
- Repeat with remaining eggs and pizzas.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until egg whites set and yolks begin to thicken.
- In a bowl, toss together the spinach or arugula, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the shaved parmesan over the arugula mixture.
- Serve on the side of pizzas or sprinkle the mixture over the top of each.