UNIQUE CHEESE TORTELLI AND KALE SOUP3 (4-oz.) Italian sausage links, sliced1 medium Vidalia onion, finely…
|Easy Lobster Bisque|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Easy Lobster Bisque
- ½-1 lb. lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- ⅓ c. chopped green onions
- 2 T. crushed garlic
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco to taste
- 6 T. dry sherry
- 2 t. smoky paprika
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 t. lobster base (you can buy this in specialty or seafood stores)
- 4-6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 4 T. butter
- Salt, black pepper
- In saute pan, drizzle the bottom with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Saute the shallots, onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the Worcestershire and Tabasco, saute for another minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- Stir in tomato paste (the amount added is the determined the color you want to achieve).
- Add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream and butter bring to a simmer boil.
- Add the lobster meat and simmer until cooked through.
- Season to taste.