SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
DELECTABLE SPICY BROCCOLINI ORZO
8 oz. orzo pasta
1 lb. fresh broccolini, trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
¼ c. sliced fresh garlic
1-2 t. red pepper flakes
3 T. olive oil
¼ c. red wine vinegar
- Cook orzo according to package directions (salt the water).
- Add the broccolini in the last 3 minutes of cooking the orzo.
- Drain in fine mesh sieve. Plunge sieve into ice bath and drain again.
- Add olive oil to a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and heat until edges of garlic begin to get golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in vinegar, then toss in with orzo and broccolini.
- Taste for seasonings.
*Regular broccoli can be used, or your combination of other veggies.