8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
¼ c. buttermilk
1 T. Tabasco
2 egg whites
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 ¼ c. unsweetened cornflakes, crumbled
1. Preheat oven 375. Spray a large black skillet with PAM and heat over medium heat.
2. Season chicken.
3. Combine buttermilk, Tabasco, egg whites, lemon and zest in a large bowl.
4. Toss chicken to coat it. You can also let it sit in it as a marinade for a couple of hours if you desire.
5. Place the crumbled cornflakes in another bowl.
6. Dip chicken into crumbs, pressing to adhere and the place in skillet.
7. Now place skillet into the oven.
8. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. The instant thermometer should read 165. This takes about 40-45 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and serve.
*****I saw this on one of Paula Deen’s shows. I modified it a bit. You can also use low-fat buttermilk if you want to cut more calories.