ALICE’S SEAFOOD CHOWDER3 sticks butter¼ c. minced garlic2 large onions, chopped2 green bell peppers, chopped4-6…
2 c. cooked brown rice
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
¾ c. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1 (4 ¼-oz.) can chopped black olives
1/3 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 c. red beans, rinsed and drained
3 T. minced garlic
Salt and black pepper
6 large bell peppers, assorted colors
¾ c. meatless spaghetti sauce
½ c. water
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix lightly to combine.
- Cut tops from bell peppers. Remove seeds. Using a paring knife, cut jack-o-lantern faces into peppers.
- Fill peppers with the mixture. You can replace tops if desired.
- In bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and water.
- Pour half of the mixture into an oval 5 qt. slow cooker.
- Add filled peppers.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese.
- Cook peppers, covered, on LOW for 3 1k/2-4 hours or until heated through and peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
*You can also do this in 350 oven. Fill peppers as directed above. Spoon half of sauce mixture into ungreased 3 qt. baking dish. Add the peppers; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cheese as directed. Bake, covered 30-35 minutes or until heated and peppers are tender.