Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
¼ c. brown sugar, packed
2 T. minced garlic
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. kosher salt
2 t. black pepper
3 lb. boneless pork loin, trimmed fat
2 T. olive oil
6 slices bacon
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 (8-oz.) carton white pearl onions, peeled
2 c. chopped onion
6 oz. baby carrots
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
1 (8-oz.) carton fresh pico de gallo
1 c. beef stock
½ c. white wine
¼ c. pepper jelly
2 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. Creole mustard
- In small bowl, combine pepper jelly, Dijon and Creole mustard. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub this mixture all over the pork loin.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and sear on all sides until golden.
- Starting on one side start laying and wrapping bacon around the pork loin until fully covered.
- In crock pot, place the pearl onions, chopped onion, carrots, mushrooms, pico, stock and wine. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the pork loin inside the 6 qt. crock pot. Top with the pepper jelly glaze.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours until internal temp of 140 is reached.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.