WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Crock-Pot Glazed Pork Ribs with Creamy White Beans
CROCK POT GLAZED PORK RIBS WITH CREAMY WHITE BEANS
1 (8-oz.) pkg. dried Great Northern beans (or 1 cup)
2 c. chicken broth
1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
¼ c. dry white wine
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (6”) fresh rosemary sprig
1 t. finely chopped rosemary
3 T. tomato paste
2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 lbs.), cut into 3-rib sections
3 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. honey
Kosher salt, black pepper
- In crock pot, combine beans with broth, tomatoes, wine, garlic, rosemary sprig and 2 T. tomato paste. Mix well.
- Nestle the ribs into the beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW until tender, about 3 hours.
- Transfer ribs to rimmed baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Continue to cook beans on LOW for 3 hours longer, until tender.
- Discard sprig and skim off as much fat as possible.
- Shortly before serving, preheat broiler.
- In small bowl, mix remaining tomato paste with vinegar and honey.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and set them on baking sheet, meaty side up.
- Brush with balsamic glaze and broil ribs about 3” from heat for 3-4 minutes, rotating if necessary, until browned and heated through. Cut into individual ribs.
- Stir the chopped rosemary into the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon beans into a shallow bow and top with glazed ribs.