TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
CRISPY FRIED OYSTERS OVER CREAMED SPINACH
2 (6-oz.) bags fresh baby spinach
2 T. olive oil
2 T. minced garlic
2 T. heavy whipping cream
2 t. anise liqueur
1 ¾ t. salt, divided
½ t. black pepper, divided
24 oysters on the half shell
4 c. kosher salt
1 ½ c. lightly packed grated parmesan cheese
¼ c. panko bread crumbs
1 ½ c. whole buttermilk
2 c. yellow cornmeal
¼ c. flour
¼ t. red pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Lemon wedges, garnish
- In food processor bowl, pulse spinach in batches until finely chopped.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream, liqueur, ¼ t. salt and ¼ t. pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove oysters from shells, reserving oysters.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, add kosher salt.
- Add oyster shells, and fill shells with spinach mixture.
- Top with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- In bowl, add buttermilk.
- In another bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, red pepper, remaining salt and pepper.
- In Dutch oven, pour oil to depth of 2” and heat to 360 degrees.
- Dip oysters in buttermilk, let excess drip off.
- Dredge in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- Carefully place in hot oil in batches and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve on top of spinach mixture. Sprinkle with additional salt if needed. Garnish with lemon wedges.