PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
CREAMY CREOLE CRAB DIP
¼ c. butter plus more to butter the baguette slices
¼ c. minced shallots
½ c. heavy whipping cream
¾ c. cream cheese
2 T. mascarpone cheese
¾ c. Creole cream cheese
Minced green onions
1 lb. lump crabmeat
1 T. goat cheese
Sliced baguette, for serving
Tabasco to taste
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shallots until soft.
- Add cream and reduce by half. Reduce heat to low.
- Fold in cream cheese and mascarpone.
- Slowly add Creole cream cheese.
- The sauce will be thin. Cook on low, stir occasionally, until it thickens, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add green onions and cool.
- Preheat oven 325.
- Reheat crab dip base and gently fold in crabmeat.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Scoop into 6 individual 7-oz. ramekins and top with goat cheese.
- Broil on high until cheese is hot and slightly melted.
- Spread each baguette slice with butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Toast until lightly browned.
*You can place this in one serving dish instead of the individual ramekins.
If you cannot find Creole cream cheese, combine 1 c. softened cream cheese with ½ c. half and half.