SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
CRAWFISH HOLLANDAISE OVER FRESH ASPARAGUS
2-3 lbs. pencil-thin fresh asparagus, trimmed
extra virgin olive oil
Salt, black pepper
4 large egg yolks
1 T. fresh lemon juice
½ c. butter, melted
½ (16-oz.) package fresh crawfish tails
- Preheat oven 350.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM.
- Spread cleaned asparagus over the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and use brush to coat all parts. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Using a double boiler, where the water in bottom is simmering, add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and red pepper.
- Whisk vigorously until volume of egg mixture doubles.
- Slowly whisk in melted butter until sauce is thick and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in crawfish. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately over hot asparagus.
*If you do not have a double boiler, place a large stainless steel bowl over a large saucepan that hold the hot water that is simmering. Important that the steel bowl does not touch the water. Will make your eggs look like scrambled eggs.