SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
CLASSIC AND HEARTY PASTA FAGIOLI
2 lbs. ground beef
6 (14 ½-oz.) cans beef broth
2 (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 (26-oz.) jars good quality spaghetti sauce (I like Prego’s)
3 large Vidalia onions, chopped
6-8 celery ribs, diced
3 large carrots, sliced
2 c. canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 c. canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 T. fresh minced oregano
Salt, black pepper
Tabasco to taste
8 oz. uncooked medium pasta shells
Fresh chopped parsley
- In large stockpot, cook beef until not pink, break into crumbles.
- Drain on paper towels and put back in pot.
- To stockpot, add broth, tomatoes, sauce, onions, celery, carrots, beans, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the pasta and parsley and simmer covered for another 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Taste for seasoning and add Tabasco if you want a little more spice.