COOLING WATERMELON PUNCH1 c. water½ c. sugar6 c. cubed and seeded watermelon1 (12-oz.) can frozen…
CHEESY AND NUTTY STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
3 slices day old whole wheat bread
3 medium zucchini
Salt, black pepper
2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
1/3 c. canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
3 T. minced garlic
¼ c. dry white wine
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
¼ c. pine nuts, toasted
3 T. chopped fresh basil
1 T. lemon zest
- Preheat oven 350.
- Place bread in food processor, pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out pulp, leaving ¼” thick shell.
- Chop pulp.
- Place the zucchini I boats cut sides up on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini pulp and onion, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add artichoke hearts, thyme and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 1-2 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs and onion mixture in large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, parsley, nuts, basil and zest. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon about ½ c. of the stuffing into the zucchini boats.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just tender.
*You can add different cheeses, add meats or seafood, you can also use panko bread crumbs.