QUICK ROASTED ARTICHOKE DIP1 c. grated good quality Parmesan4 oz. cream cheese, room temp.½ c.…
10 oz. Andouille sausage, diced
½ c. finely chopped red bell pepper
½ c. finely chopped green bell pepper
½ c. finely chopped celery
1 c. chopped green onions
1 c. frozen sliced okra, chopped (do not thaw)
1 T. minced garlic
12 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
1-2 t. Creole seasoning
1 (8-oz.) pkg. soft cream cheese
½ c. grated Asiago cheese
2 T. butter, melted
½ c. panko
Fresh chives, chopped, garnish
Dippers: breadsticks, veggie strips, crackers, sliced baguette
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat a 10” cast iron skillet and drizzle olive oil to cover bottom over medium heat.
3. Add sausage and saute 2-3 minutes.
4. Add bell pepper and celery, saute another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add onion, okra and garlic, saute 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
6. Add shrimp and Creole seasoning. Saute until shrimp are almost done, 2-3 minutes.
7. Reduce heat, add cream cheese.
8. Stir until cheese is melted.
9. Add Asiago. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
10. Remove from heat. Taste for seasoning.
11. Combine butter and panko. Toss to coat.
12. Sprinkle over dip.
13. Broil 1 minute or until top is browned.
14. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve with favorite dippers.