Boozy Watermelon Margarita Sippers BOOZY WATERMELON MARGARITA SIPPERS2 large fresh limes1/3 c. sugar8 c. cubed…
|Cajun Rice Dressing|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Cajun Rice Dressing
- 1 (16-oz.) container of chopped onion mix
- ½ stick butter
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 2 (16-oz.) frozen containers of rice dressing mix (I use Savoie’s and Richard’s brand), thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 6-8 c. cooked white rice
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- In medium roasting pan, melt butter.
- Add thawed dressing mix, onions and garlic to melted butter.
- Break up dressing with spoon and mix the ingredients well and sauté until most of the moisture is cooked out of the mixture.
- Season with salt, red/black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in rice cooker. You need for rice to be sticky kind not loose.
- At this point, I add the chopped green onions and parsley, turn off heat and cover until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, heat up mixture. Turn off heat again and start adding cooked rice, a spoonful at a time and mix well.
- You add the amount of rice you like. Some people like lots of rice and others like less. So do what fits your taste best.
- Garnish with parsley and taste for seasoning.
Whenever I have leftover rice dressing mix, I like to stuff bell peppers or tomatoes with it. You can also add shrimp or crawfish to dressing mix and stuff the items.