REFRESHING WATERMELON RUM PUNCH3 lb. fresh watermelon8 oz. white rum6-8 T. fresh lime juice¼ c.…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 7 ½ c. chopped cabbage
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1 ¼ c. milk
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. white pepper
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ¼ c. shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T. breadcrumbs
- Cook cabbage, covered in small amount of salted boiling water, about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan and add flour, stirring with whisk until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in seasonings and taste.
- Add cabbage and cheeses. Stir well.
- Spoon mixture into 1 ½ qt. casserole sprayed with PAM. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 375 for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
*****Perfect for large gatherings—easy to transport, bake and serve in one dish.