CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
|Cabbage and Noodles|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Cabbage and Noodles
- 1 (2 ½-3 lb.) cabbage
- 8 T. butter or canola oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb. egg noodles (any shape or size)
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, garnish
- Core cabbage, shred finely and wash well, dry with towel or spinner.
- Add 8 T. butter or canola oil to large pot and heat.
- Add cabbage, onion and salt. Toss with the butter. Cover pot and let steam until wilted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss again. Cover pot, decrease heat to medium-low and cook for 1 ½ hours longer, tossing every 20 minutes. If the juices have not evaporated after first hour, increase heat.
- After 2 hours, cabbage will begin to brown. Raise heat and continue to cook, uncovered, tossing more often, until cabbage is deep brown.
- If you choose, you can serve the dish just as a veggie or add the cooked pasta. Season with black pepper and garnish with sour cream or Greek yogurt.