|Broiled Spinach Topped Tomatoes|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 large bag of fresh baby spinach
- 3-4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 -8 oz. fat free cream cheese
- ¼ c. bleu cheese or favorite cheese
- 2 c. of leftover spinach sauté (see as side dish with Lamb Rack)
- In pot, melt the cream cheese and bleu cheese.
- Add sauted spinach and blend. Taste for seasoning.
- Take tomatoes, wash and slice into fairly thick slices.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet.
- Top each tomato with heaping amount of the spinach mixture
- Place in oven at 375 until hot and bubbly.
- In bowl, take fresh spinach and pour some WishBone Italian Balsemic Vinegarette and add a little salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on serving platter and place the broiled tomatoes on top of the fresh spinach.
*****The leftover spinach/cheese mixture can be used to stuff mushrooms (small for appetizers; large as side dish), jalopena peppers and zucchini boats can also be stuffed.