Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
¼ c. plain bread crumbs
2 t. garlic powder
1 T. black pepper
1-2 t. seasoned salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 T. olive oil, more for frying
1 (10-oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Place potatoes in medium pot and cover with cold salted water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender.
- Drain well and return to pot. Stir over medium heat to dry out. Mash with potato masher.
- In bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper and salt to taste if necessary.
- Whisk in eggs and 1 T. oil.
- Stir egg mixture and spinach into potatoes until well combined.
- Working in batches, heat 2 T. oil in large skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add heaping tablespoons of batter to skillet.
- Flatten fritters with spatula and space them so they do not touch.
- Cook, flipping once, until golden brown and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat, adding oil for each batch.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.