Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (10-oz.) can Hungry Jack Flaky Biscuits (non-buttered type)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (3-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. chopped bell pepper
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c. diced cooked ham
- Separate biscuits so that you have 10 biscuits.
- Press into ungreased 8-9” pie pan. I find it easier if you take a rolling pin, and roll each biscuit before placing in pan. Make sure you cover sides and all of bottom of pan. You want to form one layer like a pie crust.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until they peak. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat yolks. Add cream cheese, beat until smooth.
- Add bell pepper, onions, cheese and ham to cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in egg whites and spoon evenly over biscuits in pan.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Bake 350 uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until center comes out smooth when knife is inserted.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. I usually buy the 4 pack of biscuits and do 4 at a time.
- This freezes well after baking. Just defrost, cover with foil and reheat.
*****You can use turkey if you like or a combination of both. You can also add mushrooms. This dish will save your life on weekends. It is a great brunch meal. I usually add grits and fresh fruit. This wonderful dish is great hot or just room temperature. You are going to love this. Bake a bunch and place in freezer. Especially great during holidays when you have lots of guests.