Have a great day and be safe!
Bone-In Pork Chops/Veggies in Cast Iron Skillet
BONE-IN PORK CHOP WITH VEGGIES IN A CAST IRON SKILLET
2 bone-in pork chops
1 bottle Joey’s Cane Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
1 c. red wine
1 pt. pearl onions, peeled
12-16 whole garlic cloves
1 pt. mixed cherry tomatoes
1 pt. sliced mushrooms
½ of each color bell pepper (red, yellow, orange), cut into strips
½ stick butter
Chopped green onions
- Season chops and place in glass dish and pour vinaigrette to cover both sides of chops. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook chops, let set at room temp for 30 minutes.
- In large cast iron skillet, drizzle bottom with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Sear chops for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chops and set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic and bell peppers until tender. Season with salt/black pepper.
- Add wine and let reduce a little.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir to mix all the veggies.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Nestle the chops back into skillet with veggies.
- Place in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.