2 liters diet root beer24 gummy worms, more if desired1 pt. low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt1…
4 T. minced garlic
1 c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
1 T. lemon zest
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt, black pepper
3 c. small cauliflower florets
Canola oil, for frying
1 ½ c. flour
½ t. baking soda
1 ½ t. baking powder
½ c. grated Parmesan
1 large egg
1 c. buttermilk
¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Pulse garlic, mayo, zest and juice in processor until smooth. Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring pot of salted water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. With slotted spoon transfer cauliflower to bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Preheat oven 200. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Fill pot with 2” of oil and warm over medium heat or until reaches 350 degrees on deep-fry thermometer.
- As oil is heating, in bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk and parsley. Stir into flour mixture.
- Fold in cauliflower.
- Using a spoon, drop coated cauliflower into oil and fry in batches, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper-towel plate then on to the baking sheet in oven, while finishing all the batches necessary.
- Serve with sauce and lemon wedges.