REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Best Broccoli Gratin
¼ c. butter, plus extra to grease baking dish
3 T. flour
1 ½ c. milk
Salt, fresh black pepper, to taste
Pinch grated nutmeg
8 c. fresh broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 heads)
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven 450. Butter a 8×8” baking dish.
2. Melt 3 T. butter in saucepan over medium heat.
3. Whisk in flour until smooth.
4. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
5. Add milk, 1 ½ t. salt and nutmeg and bring to boil while whisking constantly.
6. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until white sauce is thickened. Season with pepper. Remove from the heat.
7. Bring about 1” of water to boil in large saucepan and set up collapsible steamer on top.
8. Put broccoli in steamer and season with salt. Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
9. Place cooked broccoli in baking dish, sprinkle with half cheese and pour on the white sauce.
10. Cover with remaining cheese.
11. Melt remaining 1 T. butter in skillet. Add bread crumbs and cook until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
12. Place the bread crumbs on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
13. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 18-20 minutes.
This Post Has 0 Comments