GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH VEGGIES AND JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT IN FOIL PACKETS1-2 lbs. fresh red…
BEST BROCCOLI GRATIN
¼ c. butter, plus extra to grease baking dish
3 T. flour
1 ½ c. milk
Salt, fresh black pepper, to taste
Pinch grated nutmeg
8 c. fresh broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 heads)
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven 450. Butter a 8×8” baking dish.
- Melt 3 T. butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add milk, 1 ½ t. salt and nutmeg and bring to boil while whisking constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until white sauce is thickened. Season with pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Bring about 1” of water to boil in large saucepan and set up collapsible steamer on top.
- Put broccoli in steamer and season with salt. Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place cooked broccoli in baking dish, sprinkle with half cheese and pour on the white sauce.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Melt remaining 1 T. butter in skillet. Add bread crumbs and cook until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place the bread crumbs on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 18-20 minutes.