EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
BEACH LEFTOVERS BECOMING GREAT WRAPS
|BEACH LEFTOVERS BECOMING GREAT WRAPS|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Wraps with Leftovers
- Flour Tortillas (Three flavors: Whole Wheat; Sun-Dried Tomato; Spinach)
- Leftover rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- Leftover grilled fish (I had tuna, halibut and snapper)
- Store bought lemony hummus dip
- Raspberry/Chipotle/Chopped Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
- Minced Red Onion
- Minced Red/Yellow/Green Bell Peppers
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Cucumbers
- Black Bean/Corn Salsa
- Plain Salsa
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Grated Mexican Blend Cheese
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Avocado Slices (with lime juice, squeezed on it)
- Chicken Wraps:
- Mixed one batch with hummus, red onion, bell peppers, cucumbers and grated cheese.
- Mixed one batch with raspberry/chipotle cheese spread, red onion, bell peppers.
- Fish Wraps:
- Mixed one batch with hummus, red onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, black bean/corn salsa.
- Mixed one batch with cream cheese, avocado slices, red onion, tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Try to refrigerate the wraps before serving for at least 30 minutes for them to set up. They will slice easier if you are cutting them. If you are serving it whole it won’t matter
When we did our family beach trip, I was always faced with lots of leftovers. One day I had some leftover rotisserie chicken, grilled fish, lots of assorted dips and chopped veggies. I thought these would be great for assorted wraps. I was right. Everyone loved them. I will list what I used but do not feel you have to limit yourself to these ingredients. Mix whatever you think will taste good together. You will be surprised at all the different wraps you can make. *****I used the plain salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream as a garnish or dipping. The raspberry/chipotle cheese spread I found at a specialty store or deli. You may not be able to find this exact one so just buy one that has flavors you like. I buy these at Joey’s in Lafayette. Some of the other flavors are his Blues Spread; Artichoke Creamy Spread. You can also make your own blend. Let your imagination run. You can also use shrimp, meats, etc. and other veggies like spinach, etc.
This Post Has 0 Comments