WALKING ZOMBIE COCKTAIL1 oz. apricot brandy1 oz. light rum1 oz. dark rum1 oz. lime juice2…
BACONY CHEDDAR GRITS QUICHE
6 thick bacon slices
2 ¼ c. milk
2 T. butter
½ c. uncooked stone-ground grits
2 t. salt, divided
1 t. black pepper, divided
2 ½ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
6 large eggs
2 ½ c. half and half
1 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. sliced green onions
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon, drain and crumble.
- Transfer 1 T. of bacon drippings to a saucepan.
- Bring drippings, milk and butter to boil.
- Gradually whisk n grits. 1 t. salt and ½ t. pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, 15 minutes or until very thick.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 c. cheese, let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 egg.
- Spread in 9”springform pan that has been sprayed with PAM.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and browned.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 ½ c. cheese over warm grits, spreading to edges. It is important to spread the cheese to prevent any custard from seeping out while baking.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Reduce temp to 325. Combine half and half, cream, onions and remaining 5 eggs, 1 t. salt and ½ t. pepper.
- Pour over grits; sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Place pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until lightly browned and just set.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Run sharp knife around edges of quiche. Remove sides of pan.