INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES5 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quarteredKosher salt/black pepper to taste2…
Amazing Crispy Smashed Yams
AMAZING CRISPY SMASHED YAMS
3-4 long yams, sliced into ¾” thickness
Olive oil spray
2 T. butter, melted
2 T. olive oil
1 t. Kosher salt
1 t. Black pepper
½ t. Garlic powder
½ t. Onion powder
½ t. Ground cumin
½ t. Ground thyme
½ t. Ground sage
Chopped fresh thyme for garnish
Grated Parmesan cheese
Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray.
- Preheat oven 425.
- Wash and dry yams and cut into ¾” slices.
- In large bowl, combine olive oil, melted butter and all the seasonings. Add yam slices and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread yam slices in even layer on sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, gently smash each slice.
- Spray the tops with olive oil spray and sprinkle top with some parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven to upper middle rack and put on BROIL, 2-4 minutes, until cheese melts and edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh thyme and a small dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
*You can change up herbs used. If you do not want to broil, the yams after step 8 are good to eat. You can still put garnish and dollop of yogurt and sour cream.