PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked and drained
2 sticks butter
Juice of 3 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
3 T. minced garlic
½ c. dry white wine
1 T. Tabasco
1 T. creole seasoning
1 c. whipping cream
¼ c. water or milk
2 T. Wondra Thickening flour
3 bunches of green onions, chopped
Fresh chopped chives
- Set clean crabmeat aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Over low heat, add the lemon juice, zest, garlic, wine, Tabasco and seasoning.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not let it burn.
- In a measuring cup, place the 2 T. Wondra into the ¼ c. water or milk. Whisk until well blended.
- Slowly add to the butter mixture in skillet. Continually whisking until it thickens. Add the green onions.
- Gradually fold in the crabmeat and stir to coat.
- Place in individual ramekins or one baking dish.
- Garnish with chives and paprika.
- Before serving, place in 325 oven and heat until bubbly.
*Great side for grilled fish. With the leftovers you can mix with your favorite pasta. Great taste!